- Salary Range: $112k to $140k a year plus bonus eligibility
- Hours: 8am-5pm
The attorney in this position will partner with clients and other attorneys across multiple functional areas to build, maintain, defend and enforce the company’s intellectual property interests. They will be responsible for efficiently evaluating inventions, preparing and filing applications, obtaining patents, enhancing the quality of patents and assisting with product clearances by interfacing with R&D.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications and office actions, establish and maintain relationships with USPTO examiners to improve prosecution efficiency and to the extent required, manage the design patent portfolio to meet the needs of R&D.
- Evaluate and enhance Invention Records, conduct prior art searches and provide training/presentations to educate and engage R&D regarding patents.
- Assist R&D in product clearance and research direction and assist in preparation of product clearances as well as non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- Develop, maintain, and refine prosecution and clearance protocols when opportunities arise.
- Educate R&D on industry patent trends and competitive patent landscape.
- Law Degree and a Bachelor’s degree in Science or a related field required;
- Patent & Sate Bar required
- A minimum of two (2) years of patent law experience required.
- Well versed in patent practices as well as the industry technologies.
- Able to work independently.
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered. (**Please attach resumes in “MS Word Form ONLY” and you must reference just APC-051319 in the subject line **)
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.