- Salary Range: $59,400 - $74,300
A highly visible Supply Chain role that is responsible for executing demand and inventory plans which enable the organization to meet sales and service objectives. Responsible for the thorough and timely analysis of all finished goods and components to include the generation, maintenance, and analysis of data to suggest procurement quantities and inventory levels to meet the Sales forecast and Days of Supply Strategy. Work collaboratively across multiple functions to consolidate global forecast data into an overall demand plan for the supply chain. Participate in the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process, manages inventory targets, performs purchasing administration functions in support of DOS, and communicates forecast and inventory measurements to management.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Organize and lead procurement activities for category product launches worldwide within category (including global, limited, Korea only, and Japan only product).
- Prepare and solicit Request for Quotation (RFQs), work with cross-functional teams to analyze RFQs and communicate program awards to suppliers.
- Consolidate global/regional demand volumes and collaborate with suppliers to develop and maintain a capacity plan for global ramp up and product lifecycle.
- Using strategic plan, determine regional allocations of supplier capacity/supply, supplier production schedule priorities, and monitor worldwide Days of Supply (DOS) to insure all global markets and program lines within the category are equitably supported.
- Communicate capacity allocations to regional buyers and review and approve their requests for supplier expedites or re-allocation. Support worldwide tour priorities.
- Analyze high level program forecasts and develop stock finished good Planning Bill of Materials (PBOM) and custom component PBOM planning mixes, continually monitor consumption and make adjustments to planned purchase mix to support program needs.
- Analyze inventory position and recommend optimal procurement requirements in a proactive and disciplined manner to ensure 90%+ availability for all SKU’S.
- Recommend and execute corrective actions, communicate obsolete/slow-moving inventory to applicable Operations and Sales management staff.
- Analyze supply vs. demand and communicate frequently with cross-functional teams and internal customers (sales, tour, ex-US, leadership, customer service) ability to meet pre-launch requirements and program forecasts throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage inventory targets that are approved by management.
- Prepare reports and communicate inventory measurements to management (safety stock levels, days of supply, inventory plan vs. targets).
- Recommend changes to the supply plan and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends. Provide key input into production plan on remaining demand and availability of product.
- Oversee finished goods production schedules to recommend global SKU rationalization initiatives, determine and maintain stock and custom ATP dates and lead times in ERP system.
- Set up and maintain components in ERP system to ensure appropriate purchasing and ERP planning execution.
- Maintain product information in AGS (i.e. Infor M3). Create Bill of Material (BOM) for finished goods sku launches.
- Review for accuracy Design Data Sheets (DDSs) components and country of origin designations to support global production and logistics.
- Work with R&D on new product readiness for global markets. Support exotic (custom off menu) offerings with item set up and Quality Assurance (QA) standards.
- Set up new suppliers as needed.
- Create and execute component purchases using ERP system and support tools.
- Provide feedback for supplier performance analysis and work with suppliers to correct issues related to communication, documents, logistics and QA. Monitor supplier production schedules to meet global goals.
- Ensure the available mix is being met and End of Life projections create minimal to no Obsolescence. Create and maintain supply planning and projected End of Life (EOL) inventory valuation reports.
- Facilitate the development of AGS process improvements for purchasing, develop and deliver AGS system training materials as well as provide ongoing training and support in AGS system to new and existing associates.
- Coordinate with other Category Demand Planner Buyers to evolve and maintain the standard operating procedure for demand planning processes and systems.
- Create and maintain individual demand and consumption reports through the BI reporting tool to detail component needs for each Category Planner/Buyer. Coordinate with IT to develop and improve reporting in AGS system and monitor data accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or related field required. CSCP certification is preferred.
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience in procurement, planning, or order management required.
- Must possess the skills necessary to become fully responsible for the demand planning and forecasting process for responsible club line.
- Must be able to travel internationally once per 12 month period.
- Strong analytical abilities are required.
- Expert skill set in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and team-building skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment preferred.
Demonstrated competency in the following areas;
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Team Player
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (**Please attach resumes in MS Word Form ONLY and you must reference just SCDP-083117 in the subject line**)
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.