- Salary Range: $122k to $160k + bonus eligibility
Responsible for leading all manufacturing activities to ensure the effective and efficient use of facilities, budget, equipment and staff so that production is on schedule to the required standards of quality, cost, delivery and safety. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and provides leadership to Global production operations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop appropriate staffing levels, performance targets, and operating budgets. Ensures on-time delivery of quality products at minimum cost by planning, directing, controlling, and coordinating production and support operations
- Provide leadership and direction to effectively manage direct labor, inclusive of a large pool of contingent temporary staff. Ensures the hiring and retention of qualified and productive staff by directing and supervising the administration of effective recruiting and selection practices.
- Providing appropriate training and development opportunities, maintaining fair and effective employment practices consistent with company policies, legislative and regulatory requirements. Ensure employee relations issues are managed fairly and consistently, in coordination with Human Resources. Promotes effective communication and active employee engagement by creating a positive employee environment, through self and management team.
- Direct manufacturing safety activities. Maintain a healthy and safe working environment by partnering with Health and Safety. Ensures the supervision and monitoring of the development and administration of effective employee health, safety and environmental programs consistent with company policies and all regulatory legislation.
- Facilitate with Q.A., Engineering, and Materials departments to optimize product quality and on time delivery. Ensures implementation of processes, policies, controls and training to assure product quality during manufacturing and resolve quality related problems when they arise in order to eliminate waste of time and materials and maintain the highest quality products.
- Establish long term manufacturing goals and facilitate activities to achieve them. Participate in management meetings and report on departmental performance and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction with country/regional production management teams; to develop production plans/processes that provide the Acushnet Company the best possible profit opportunities for the highest quality products in the evaluation and placement of individuals critical to the organizations success through regularly scheduled visits to Acushnet production facilities abroad. Facilitates communication between all production facilities to ensure product quality expectations and plant performance goals are exceeded.
- Manages process control to ensure Global Production levels are met while simultaneously ensuring that productions levels do not impact the quality levels that are consistent with Acushnet standards and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred, in Business Management, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of manufacturing experience with at least seven (7) years in a management capacity in a consumer products industry.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of significant leadership role (staff of 115+) with responsibilities that included interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, resolving problems and assessing needed talent.
- Golf Club building and/or manufacturing experience is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with California Labor, Health and Safety Codes and LEAN manufacturing is preferred.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong knowledge of ERP principles, practices and procedures. Must possess exceptional technical skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging programs, software, or direction. Advanced skills set required in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project required. Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time at a desk. Must be able to stand for long periods of time in production environment.
This position requires both domestic and international travel of up to 10% of the time. A valid passport and ability to leave the United States is required.Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: email@example.com. (**Please attach resumes in “MS Word Form ONLY” and you must reference just DCM-110917 in the subject line**) Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.