- Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,0000
- Hours: 7:00am - 4:00pm
- Participate in the development of newly designed equipment for the manufacture of golf balls and supporting processes in the area of electrical controls and systems. Work independently and within teams to conceptualize, design, prototype and build this equipment to OSHA and NEC standards, based on the customer requirements.
- Generate specifications for the design of control software and hardware for production machinery and for the integration of machinery, both new and existing.
- Collaborate with Acushnet personnel and vendors to design equipment for measurement, control, data acquisition, or power distribution. Evaluate reliability and feasibility of these designs for our operations.
- Direct vendors or other associates as needed.
- Provide design, installation, maintenance and safety documentation for new or modified machinery control systems.
- Communicate project, prototype and trial progress through reports and presentations, both verbally and in writing to the GBMO community, including members overseas.
- Maintain awareness of technological improvements in electrical components, software & hardware controls and data acquisition devices.
Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of electrical engineering experience in high volume manufacturing or laboratory environment. Broad experience with control system components, including sensors, robots, transducers, PLC and PC based control systems. Preferred hands-on experience with wiring, software / system debug, control system safety standards and panel layout. Exposure and awareness of statistical tools a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Good working knowledge of six sigma methodologies, NEC electrical code, functional training in PLC and PC controls. Fluent in AutoCAD and Minitab.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401 savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness facility; and generous product discounts.
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among others, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.