- Salary Range: $56,000 to $70,000
- Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
- Number of openings: 1
Perform Putter fitting/testing and related assignments for a wide range of players that may include high handicap consumers, better playing amateurs, VIP guests, and Tour Players from various elite associations. As a Cameron Product aficionado, this position will be an adviser to product investors of product attributes and history to ensure an understanding and appreciation of the products value.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Conduct Scotty Cameron Putter fitting/educations for high-end consumers, Scotty Cameron Collectors/enthusiasts, PGA, LPGA, Sr. PGA, and mini-Tour players, as well as, college, key amateur and AJGA players.
- Fitting/Testing sessions may contain: optimization of Putter ball performance and their relationship to various Scotty Cameron models, video analysis of the player’s set-up and high speed video analysis of the golf ball and putter head using proprietary putter analysis software, comparative analysis of a player’s current equipment to the recommended putter as well as changes in their physical putting set-up.
- Putter fitting sessions may be performed without any use of video cameras or putting software, hands on only.
- Provide recommendations of various putting drills with the use of Cameron accessories to help the player improve.
- Incorporate the history of the Scotty Cameron Brand of putters, as well as, explain the process in which the putters are made.
- As a putter craftsman and technician, perform putter assembly and customization upon request.
- Provide expert level product consultation to the Cameron enthusiasts to ensure purchase experience is equivalent with product value.
- Maintain and monitor putter inventory.
- Write findings/player test reports, charts and data collection that highlight Putter performance, putting style trends in lengths, swing weight, styles, and provide feedback for Scotty Cameron R&D. Create and prepare reports to design and engineering departments based upon experience and knowledge of from customer interactions.
- Perform putter sales and provide a luxury shopping experience for all customers.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants and/or needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs/desires.
- Promote the attributes of the merchandise and answer all customer questions. Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Process cash and credit purchases accurately using the POS system.
- Assist with opening and closing cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Ensure the store is clean and presentable to customers at all times.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Gallery calendar.
- Lead in Retail Pro POS responsibilities.
- Assist with special events and promotions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required along with thorough knowledge of the game of golf.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in in the area of club fitting, player instruction or testing required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Scotty Cameron Brand, excellent communication skills, expertise in working with luxury brand consumers, and be comfortable working with the best players in the world of golf.
- PGA Club Professional highly preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, go up and down flight of stairs, and lift up to thirty (30) lbs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and Lotus Notes.
- Must possess an engaging personality, have strong people skills, be comfortable with building strong client relationships and be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.**Please attach resumes in MS Word Form ONLY and you must reference just FASS-082817 in the subject line in order to be considered**
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.