- Salary Range: $20.25 - $25.00 per hour
- Hours: 8a-5p
Responsible for accurate day-to-day execution of import operational tasks for West Coast to ensure Acushnet Company is not fined for failure to comply with regulations. Coordinate and track import shipments from door to destination. Communicate closely with internal customers, vendors, forwarders, and customs brokers. Ensure accuracy of documentation; prevent and resolve issues effectively and timely; and perform customs entry audit daily. This position is designated to import operations.
- Obtain and organize Import Documentation from overseas suppliers and freight forwarders/freight carriers. Verify commercial invoice prices against purchase orders and Harmonize Tariff System (HTS) database; communicate discrepancies to vendors, Receiving, Purchasing, Accounting Dept. and Customs broker and ensure customs entries are corrected.
- Update import shipment movements in Transit Log for internal customers to view, including item number, quantity, P.O. and shipment process. Communicate with Buyers as issue arise. Maintain customs entry data in import data database.
- Coordinate Customs clearance with Customs Broker and provide proper clearance instructions based on HTS database. Obtain additional documentation for import from vendor or manufacturer as necessary.
- Verify proper valuation against commercial invoice and P.O. for customs valuation. Perform entry audit and correct entry information timely by working with Customs Broker.
- Sort freight and duty invoices received from forwarders and assign appropriate G/L numbers and enter invoice details in import data database.
- Run entry liquidation report and maintain liquidation status in import data database.
- Maintain import documentation per record keeping policy and make photocopies of eligible import paperwork for duty drawback program. Support export operations as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college coursework preferred.
- A minimum of two year of hands-on experience with coordinating import shipments and U.S. customs clearance process. Must have knowledge of import principles, practices and procedures, and familiarity with HTS codes and preferential trade agreements.
- Sitting at desk, at computer for extended period.
- Must have the ability to multi-task. Must communicate clearly and concisely. Must be highly detail oriented and organized. Must have good computer skills to include Intermediate Excel skills.
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: email@example.com. (**Please attach resumes in “MS Word Form ONLY” and you must reference just ILS-012918 in the subject line**)
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.