- Salary Range: $22.75 to $28.25 an hour
This position will collaborate in the development of new products with the Scotty Cameron Accessories Manager. Responsible throughout all stages of development from the initial design concepts through to the final production, delivery, and fulfillment.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Assist lead Product Developer in monitoring and tracking all vendor communication each season throughout the development cycle. Maintain extremely accurate and organized written records of development history.
- Help source for each style with regards to volume, technique, fabrication, and cost. Help coordinate fabric, finished good sourcing, development, and approval. Defers to Lead Product Developer for final approval and changes to all products. Continually looks for innovative and unique products, fabrics, and colors that meet the needs of customers.
- Initiates Purchase Orders as directed by Lead Product Developer. Maintains data of ongoing projects and products in development and production.
- Anticipate and predict challenges of development, timing of deadlines, and production to address and avoid delays while ensuring a quality, cost efficient product. Accountable for the timely adherence of calendar dates.
- Help organize and create visuals of the product launch schedule for the entire year, along with meeting the in hand dates of all special projects.
- Find solutions to problems and follow all situations through to completion. Responsible for minutes of art & development meetings. Maintain and disseminate to the Art Team.
- Assist with the quality control of product as needed.
- High School Diploma, Bachelors or Associates degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in product design, product development and /or product buying is required. Experience working with design specifications of Logos and Logo placement on apparel and specialty products. Visual Merchandising experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of costing and negotiation, forecasting, manufacturing, materials, and construction techniques is required.
- Must be able to multitask; manage multiple development projects, across several categories.
- Knowledge of Product Development and Production lead times both domestically and internationally, as well as, an understanding of the creative process of design concept through product development is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Teamwork – Puts success of team above own interests; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: email@example.com. **Please attach resumes in MS Word Form ONLY and you must reference just SPC-040317 in the subject line in order to be considered**
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.