- Salary Range: $26.44 to $32.70 an hour base plus bonus eligibility
- Number of openings: 1
Reporting to the Director of Golf Club Research, conducts all aspects of R&D player testing, and evaluates results to provide data and feedback on golf club performance.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Responsible for the administration, organization and reporting of consumer test data. Update and maintain several databases consisting of player information and product performance.
- Revise and develop test methodologies as necessary. Work with R&D engineers to plan tests appropriately and improve efficiency.
- Perform live player testing following established protocols using a variety of measurement equipment.
- Generate technical test reports using statistical software and Excel spreadsheets that provide vital information on golf club performance to Titleist R&D engineers.
- Organize and archive all testing results.
- Actively recruit new testers into the program with an emphasis on good ball-striking.
- Coordinate Consumer Awards program and update changes to testers’ profiles in Access database tables.
- Approve test protocols and check for correct club components.
- Conduct live player club fittings using both Titleist and competitive equipment. Run equipment comparison tests once the consumer is optimally fit using all possible component adjustments.
- Travel to major markets for offsite competitive testing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of ten (10) years experience in golf club testing.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in golf club fitting and/or related golf education
- Knowledge of the golf swing and the cause-effect relationship of the golfer, equipment and performance, as well as the ability to communicate this information orally and on paper.
- Strong technical background, and the ability to focus on precise details.
- Strong Computer Proficiency; Intermediate to advanced skillset in in Access (tables, queries, and forms) and Excel spreadsheets (formatting, formulas and templates).
- Must possess excellent people skills in order and be able to develop relationships with players, club testers as well as the R&D engineers.
- Full range of motion required. Must be able to spend long days outside on feet.
- PGA member, Science Van experience, SDGA or Professional Golfers Career College graduate preferred.
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered. (**Please attach resumes in “MS Word Form ONLY” and you must reference just STRC-070618 in the subject line **)
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs; gym facility; etc. and generous product discounts.