- Salary Range: $127k to $170K *Plus Bonus eligibility
The Director will play a critical role in the management of inventory purchase decisions for all Club operations. This individual will serve as a key liaison across multiple organizations, including Sales, Operations, and Sourcing. They will ensure that the Golf Club organization meets or exceed Acushnet’s goals in this respective area. Success will in part be measured by overall department efficiency, minimizing costs, and optimizing inventory levels.
- Delivers a robust and aligned Demand Planning Process, Tools, and Strategy across the global club portfolio that enables effective supply, maximizing inventory turns and minimizing obsolescence.
- Delivers Global Supply Planning that ensures balanced service and inventory tradeoffs while maintaining good business partnerships, effective supply flow and a globally leveraged buying process.
- Proactively manages and enhances a robust technological process for the setup and maintenance of key master data that will drive our global supply chain decision making and actions.
- Directs continuous improvement initiatives focused on procurement efficiencies, innovation, cost reduction through creative thinking, inventory reduction, and on-time delivery improvements.
- Regularly conducts supplier pricing reviews and price negotiations in conjunction with R&D, Quality and other relative business areas.
- Delivers a cross functionally aligned Inventory Strategy that drives service, flow, and effective turns allowing for flexibility and rapid response to customer requests.
- Leads, grows, mentors and trains a staff of upwards of nine (9) reports ensuring their optimal performance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field with a focus in Supply Chain preferred. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Demand Planning and Inventory Management in the high volume seasonal, consumer goods industry.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Equipment related experience (golf preferred).
- Five (5) years of proven project management experience & previous experience in a management role with responsibilities that included interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess and apply expert knowledge of seasonal planning and launch execution.
- Strong knowledge of ERP (Lawson Infor M3 / Cognos preferred) principles, practices and procedures.
- Must possess exceptional technical skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging programs/software. Advanced skill set in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Expert knowledge of six sigma principles, lean manufacturing, and 5S methodology preferred.
Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Managing People
This position must travel to International vendor sites and other Acushnet sites worldwide. A valid passport is required with the ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 25% a year.
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: email@example.com. (**Please attach resumes in “MS Word Form ONLY” and you must reference just DSC-032919 in the subject line**)
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.